The School Newspaper of 'Iolani School.

Imua 'Iolani

Filed under Features

Fun at Senior Camp

After a tiring, first quarter of school, while grades 9 to 11 enjoyed a day at the beach, for class day, the seniors flew to the Big Island for the annual senior camp.

While staying at Kilauea Military Camp, the senior class was split into 10 groups identified by colors. “The co-chairs worked hard not to put any friends on the same team, as well as any enemies. I was on the Maroon team. I honestly thought my team was the best. We were such a diverse group of people, but I thought we all meshed really well!” said Cierra Nakamura ’17.

On the first day of camp, the seniors were offered four different actives. They included a day at the 4-mile beach, a hike through the Lava Tube Walk and Kilauea Iki Crater Hike, a tour of Hilo town (including Imiloa, rainbow falls, Big Island Candies, and Pana’ewa Zoo), or Pa’ani Horseback riding and ATV tour.

Seniors were able to choose who they would like to have in their cabin. “I chose to be with all of my friends, so we had a cabin of 9!! It was so fun. We played Uno and danced away past lights out,” said Cierra Nakamura ’17.

Returning late afternoon well–rested for the coming quarter, the seniors, as well as grades 9 to 11, started Monday with a fresh start.