The School Newspaper of 'Iolani School.

Imua 'Iolani

Filed under Lighter Side

Stephenplayz’s Thanksgiving Charity

During the Christmas season, it’s easy to look forward getting presents.  However, it’s easy to forget that there are a lot of people who struggle to get the basic necessities.  Stephen Higashi ’19 has been operating a growing YouTube channel since September.  Recently, he has started making charity videos in an effort to help those who are really in need.  “The charity videos were inspired from YouTubers such as NigaHiga who have all this fame and fortune, yet still are humble enough to take their time, and funds to help others,” he says.  In his recent Christmas edition, Stephen made packages with various toiletries such as shampoo and soap to give to homeless people.  In the Thanksgiving edition, he delivered plates of food to homeless people.  However, Stephen also makes entertainment videos.  His signature peeps bathtub challenge has over 800 views.  ” I like entertaining people, and making people happy,” he says.  “I want to entertain as many people as possible and bring people smiles. I also hope to continue to grow, and get more people to see my content.”  Check out his channel, StephenPlayz and keep in mind the power of giving during this season of festivities.