The School Newspaper of 'Iolani School.

Imua 'Iolani

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare

Shakespeare is one of the most famous directors of all time. ‘Iolani’s Advanced Theatre students lit up the Seto Hall stage with their performance of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare on Friday, September 30. The talented troupe of actors presented all of William Shakespeare’s 37 plays in a 97-minute performance. The laugh-out-loud funny show included well-known plays as Romeo and Juliet, and less familiar plays like Coriolanus. It introduced many theatregoers to the world of William Shakespeare.

“I liked it a lot and it put a funny twist on the original ones,” said Kai Kennedy ‘23.

This play was one of many that will be performed by `Iolani’s advanced theatre students this year. Money raised by the students will go toward their summer trip to Scotland, where they will visit the Edinburgh Festival Fringe–the “largest explosion of culture in the world.” They will watch plays and hear music throughout the day.
“I was thoroughly entertained by our Advanced Theatre students on Friday evening,”  said Mr.Kevin Pease. “I was thrilled that so many friends and family came out to support our fundraising efforts for the Summer 2017 IDP trip to perform in the Edinburgh Fringe